||Precious metal (gold-silver) shear-hosted and dilational veins, intrusion related
||New electrical transmission line across property and paved Stewart Highway.
- Highly prospective property in the area of the Portland Canal shear zone
- Located between the historic, past producing mines of Dunwell (Lower Bear River valley) and Silbak Premier (Salmon River valley)
- Features the metallogenic Texas Creek Plutonic Suite
- Historic, subeconomic (trace amounts of) placer gold
- Three unexplored geophysical anomalies in bedrock beneath the Bear River gravels
Auramex’ Lower Bear Project extends from the Stewart town limit to 12 kms up the Bear Valley, within 3 km of the Premier Mine. Included is Auramex's 100% owned Lower Bear tenures and the Bay Silver property, newly optioned from Tudor Resources Corp. and Silver Grail Resources Ltd. (see news release August 27th, 2018). In essence, Auramex controls the east side of the Bear River Ridge, with the Premier mine to the west of the ridge and the Dunwell, Ben Ali and Sunbeam Mines immediately east.
The chasm of the Bear River exposes a section through the Coast Mountains as deep as or deeper than that of the Salmon River. The country rocks are the same fertile section as that underlying the Salmon River; quartz-poor intrusions very similar in texture and mineralogy to those of the Texas Creek Plutonic Suite are present throughout this section. The Dunwell Mine, to the immediate east of the Lower Bear property, was third only to the Silbak Premier and Porter Idaho mines in silver production during its mine life.
The Premier mine, the abundance of Crown Granted mineral claims and numerous workings over the course of nearly 120 years amply demonstrate the valley’s potential. Early explorers were hindered by gravel cover in the valley and by the steep, heavily forested cliffs on either side.
Modern explorers faced complex claim situations, including the legacy Crown Grants. As consolidation of mineral rights continues and modern exploration tools are employed to see through the problems of terrain and surficial material, realization of the enormous potential of the Lower Bear area will accelerate.
Auramex has begun the first comprehensive program in this highly prospective area by conducting a field program in 2018 and integrating the results with its store of geological and geophysical data.
* Ascot Resources Ltd., Premier-Dilworth Gold-Silver Project, NI 43-101 Technical Report, March 31, 2014.